Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stay Tuned For A JetBlue AYCJ Adventure

Look what I've gone and done now... I just bought a JetBlue "All You Can Jet" Pass. It's not just a plane ticket, it's an adventure... hopefully. Check it out at www.jetblue.com

This means I can fly as much as I want, wherever JetBlue flies, from September 7 through October 6. I bought the less expensive pass, so I can't fly on Fridays and Sundays, which, frankly is kind of a relief... two days each week when I just have to stay put!

It's already become like a full-time job, trying to figure out how to get to all the different places I want to go in those 30 days. I've been meaning to visit friends and relatives in Florida, New York, Chicago, and a few other places. So now I can go see EVERYBODY. All in one month. Yes, I may be crazy.

"Can I get there from here?" becomes an issue with JetBlue. To fly between some cities, you have to connect through either Long Beach CA, JFK-NY, or Boston. So I'd rather not go back and forth too much, from Seattle to NYC, to LA, to Boston if I can help it. I guess you could try to spend all your time actually in planes, for 30 days, but... I don't think that's for me.

Perhaps I am a bit of an obsessive planner when it comes to things like this. But I want to get my money's worth and take the best advantage of this thing, while also trying not to spend a gazillion dollars. I will be depending on the kindness of friends and relatives, crashing on a couch or spare bed in some places, getting some hotel rooms and rental cars in others. Once I figure out a few basics for the month, then I can relax and enjoy, knowing there's always the option to make flight changes, as long as you give a 3 day notice.

Just think of how much time I'll be spending in airports for 30 days. No, on second thought, I don't want to think about that, do I? Air travel and airports -- just not as much fun as they were 20 years ago. The key to this travel month will be staying in the right frame of mind. Stay calm, have fun, it all works out in the end.

When I've boarded the first JetBlue flight to ... well, I'm not sure yet, but I'll know soon... I will be blogging my adventures, so stay tuned. Until then, I have some more planning to do.

No comments: