Friday, July 10, 2009

Free Art


Today I'm feeling Overwhelmed and All Alone... hmm, I should write a country song.

Having recently been laid off from my office job, it is time to regain my own balance. I have escaped from the cubicle! Now what? Will I end up back in the cubicle world? One never knows. Honestly, it was beginning to feel like I was living in a Dilbert Cartoon, so maybe in the long run, it's good to be out of the cubicle... at least for me. Perhaps I can create something new, by creating some new things... those right brain activities of creation and invention.

In the meantime, while I search and rebalance, it's good to see what others are creating, and it's even better (when one has no current source of income) if you can do these things for cheap or for free!

Here are 2 weekend tips for free art in Southern California. One in LA, one in OC:

Saturday and Sunday, there's a craft fair in downtown LA, called the Renegade Craft Fair. I have nothing to do with this, and apparently it's the first Renegade Craft Fair in LA (looks like they've done this in other cities.) I don't know if I'll get there this weekend, but it looks kinda cool. And.... it's free! http://www.renegadecraft.com/los-angeles?site=la

Also, the Orange County Museum of Art has their Target Free Second Sunday on July 12. Thanks Target for sponsoring arts organizations like this one, giving us free admission to the museum for the day. For more info, the museum website is http://www.ocma.net/

If you go to a museum free admission day, it's nice to donate a little something while you're there, if you can. I think even a dollar or two, if that's all you can afford, would be appreciated. Support the Arts! ... even a dollar at a time will help.

Those are your Frugal Fun tips for today. Get out and see some creativity in action!

No comments: