Saturday, September 11, 2010

30 days of JetBlue Travel - Day 5 - the 'burbs

Day 5 of my All You Can Jet Travel adventure.

After sleeping in longer that I planned to, (needed it) spent some time in Chicago's northern suburbs, finding a place with WiFi, and figuring out why my MacBook doesn't always want to get its email. It's not very interesting, but when you're writing from the road, you are at the mercy of the technology. I have a hard enough time keeping up with it, and when it doesn't work quite right, it can be frustrating!

Other than computer issues, it was a nice relaxing day, ending with a fabulous Italian dinner.

We went to Washington Gardens, in the northern suburb of Highwood, IL. My two Aunts and I shared a few dishes, all delicious. Veal Fontina (with green pepper, garlic, oil, tomato, fontina cheese), Rigatoni Amatriciana (spinach, pancetta, cannellini beans, tomato sauce) for our main courses. And we split an appetizer that I forgot to mention as an all time, old time Chicago favorite: Shrimp De Jonghe. I spelled it right, it's not dijon and has no mustard anywhere near it. It's basically shrimp, butter, garlic and breadcrumbs and it's amazing. Shrimp and garlic are always a good combo. This is a great dish, and I don't think I've ever found it outside of Chicago, where it was invented.

Chicago's ever-changing sky has been fun to watch. Oh good, blue sky! Uh-oh, clouds are rolling in. Wait, no, it's blue again! Oh look, clouds... And this all in one afternoon! There have been some pretty clouds though. I'll be posting pictures of clouds and other things soon.

No comments: