Monday, September 6, 2010

Memories of Airline Food

Today I'm grateful for frozen dinners. While scurrying around, trying to figure out just how much stuff I really need and want to lug around while traveling, I'm happy to have frozen dinners on hand. Quickly nuke and eat them, and get back to packing ... if I remove this one shirt, will it give me any more space?

Frozen dinners are a lot like airline food. Well, like airline food used to be. I liked airline food. (yes, I'm weird.) A hot meal at 30,000 feet. That little plastic tray of chicken, pasta and vegetables always seemed a bit odd and extravagant. I guess it was extravagant, since it's now an ancient relic of airline days gone by. Wow, I'm not as old as I sounded right there... really. But buying a sandwich just isn't the same.

So I look at my little plastic tray of steaming hot chicken and pasta. Imagine that it's an airline meal. And that my travel adventure has already begun.

Now, back to packing... do I really need two pairs of shoes?

No comments: