Friday, September 24, 2010

AYCJ - Day 17 - Florida Road Trip





Photos: Fort Lauderdale, FL


Thursday, September 23, Day 17 of my 30-day JetBlue All You Can Jet Adventure. Time for my Florida Road Trip. Fort Lauderdale to Lake Placid Florida.

One knows it's humid out when one exits an air conditioned hotel room, into a moist Florida morning, and one's glasses fog up.

It must have rained in Fort Lauderdale last night, everything was wet. And yes, the air was very humid. I had breakfast at the motel, made a waffle, had juice and coffee. Then I got in my rental car, and drove to see a little of the Fort Lauderdale beaches. The Atlantic Ocean looked a little choppy, but it was beautiful.

Got to the freeway that I hoped would get me where I needed to go, and I was right! Made it to Highway 27, and headed north to the Lakes area of Central Florida (south of Orlando), driving through a few rain showers along the way. I'm visiting my friends Lou and Beverly, whom I haven't seen for several years, so it's wonderful to be able to spend a couple of days with them. We went to a great Greek restaurant last night, and I'm enjoying just relaxing and catching up with them. But I'm spending too much time writing at their computer. Still have to see if there's a WiFi place nearby where I can get online with my laptop. But for now, enough computer time!

No comments: