Friday, September 3, 2010

JetBlue AYCJ -- T-minus 3 days and counting

As I've described in the last few posts, I'm about to embark on a journey across America, using JetBlue's All You Can Jet Pass.

Today I made my last visit to the torture team, Jon and Erin... Sorry, that's not nice, they're the fabulous physical therapy team who have helped me work my very sore shoulder back to normal, or as close to normal as possible in such a short time. Now I just have to keep exercising and stretching while I travel. So, if you're also traveling JetBlue in the next few weeks, and you see someone slowly stretching her arms overhead, to the side, to the back, with a slight grimace on her face ... that might be me. And let's hope that lugging luggage all over the country will just make me stronger. So a shout-out to Jon and Erin. Thanks guys. Now, where's that ice pack?

This is it, the final 3 days for planning and packing. Tonight I visited the Pacific Ocean, as the sun was starting to set. A beautiful day at the beach, people fishing off the pier, swimming, walking on the beach, in the cool evening air. In the coming weeks, I will also visit the Atlantic Ocean, arriving around sunset time. Although, since that it's the Atlantic and, you know, east-facing, I suppose checking out the view at sunrise will be more impressive at that end, won't it? Hm... what time is sunrise, and will I be awake early enough to see it? I don't know the answer to that. Typically, the odds are very slim that I will be up early enough for a sunrise, but when one is traveling, one's sleep schedule is often, well, non-typical. So will I be up in time to watch the sunrise over that other ocean? We'll just have to see what happens.

But first, packing... how much stuff do I really need to carry around with me? Let's see... no, on second thought, let's sleep. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

No comments: